The Plaza Team is excited to announce that due to the growth of the organization, we are looking for a Registered Dietician to join our team!
Starting salary is $60,000 per year.
This position will be working out of the Corporate location in downtown Honolulu.
The Registered Dietician will be responsible for working with The Plaza communities in providing diet-related improvement methods for their Residents. They will be required to collaborate and provide nutrition options for the Food Service Department on a frequent basis.
The following are essential functions of the job:
- Work with the Executive Chef in ensuring that The Plaza's menu options meet all required State of Hawaii, Department of Health nutritional requirements for seniors.
- Support The Plaza communities with nutritional assessments, evaluations, and counseling based on the Residents' health metrics and habits.
- Adequacy of diet
- Appropriate consistency
- Intake of fluid
- Feeding problems(paralysis, illness, dentures)
- Adaptive tools/devices
- High or low weight
- Lab Data
- Food medication interaction
- Assist each community with State and Federal Surveys, during inspections as needed, and with post-inspection follow up and documentation.
- Collaborates with Plaza Team to identify and meet with Residents that are in need of a nutrition consultation.
- Assists the Nursing Department to analyzing Residents' health status and identifying nutritional plans to assist in goals and improvement.
- Assist in creating meal plans that take into account Residents' life circumstances and chronic medical conditions.
- Follow up on Residents' progression through meal plans and ensure they are modified in accordance with all quality standards of care.
- Provide dietary consultations to Residents and Families when their medical conditions are identified as requiring an intervention.
- Provides educational sessions to Plaza Team Members, Residents, and Families as necessary on diet specific topics (i.e. how to maintain a balanced diet).
- Works towards providing quality improvements to the food service menu to better improve Residents well-being.
- Must be able to communicate well with others, Managers/Directors, Team Members, Residents/Families.
- Comply with all HIPAA requirements to protect the confidentiality of residents' PHI (Protected Health Information).
- Will be required to possess excellent oral and written communication skills and have moderate computer skills.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Must have a Bachelors Degree in Nutrition or related field.
- Must have a Registered Dietician Certification in the State of Hawaii.
- Current Tuberculosis Clearance, according to the State of Hawaii Department of Health.
- CPR and First Aid Certified.
- Certification or specializes in senior specific medical conditions (i.e. Diabetes).
Dietician must be able to travel from Plaza community to community to meet with Plaza Team, Residents & Families.
Frequent standing and walking, bending, pushing, pulling, and occasional lifting. Frequent sitting and working on computer/laptop and consulting with others. In addition, must be free of communicable disease and meet company policies and procedures regarding necessary physical health.