Enjoy life at your own pace
You’ve earned it. The time and space to live life to the fullest. That’s what our Independent Living program provides, for folks who need little or no help with their daily routines. We’ll take care of the housekeeping, cooking, dishes, transportation, exercise classes and everything else, so that you can focus on…well, whatever you want! Explore new hobbies and interests, make new friends, go off on excursions and savor the good life in a place that’s truly your home.
You may benefit from our Independent Living Program if you’re…
- a widow/widower
- no longer or better off not driving
- in need of better nutrition
- struggling to keep up with medical appointments
- becoming less active
- living alone
- dealing with feelings of loneliness and or depression
- in need of social interaction
Helping you enjoy
a fulfilling life
Everyone needs help, and as we age, we need more. That shouldn’t stop you from living life to the fullest. Our Assisted Living program is custom-designed for folks who can no longer live alone, but can get along just fine with help from family, friends and, of course, our friendly team, who are professionally trained to support you whenever you need it.
Our welcoming nurses will assess all of your needs so that our team can maximize your independence and give you a hand with personal care needs, including:
- laundry service
- medication management
- grooming and hygiene
- redirection and reminding
- incontinence care.
You may benefit from our Assisted Living Program if you’re…
- visiting the hospital often
- experiencing forgetfulness
- concerned about personal safety
- or may have fallen in the past 6 months
- needing assistance with 1-3 personal care needs (i.e. medication management, bathing, incontinence)
- in need of improved nutrition
- in need of transportation
Hali’a Memory Care
Ease memory loss
with friendship and support
It’s not easy to deal with Alzheimer’s and other dementias, but it can be easier when you’ve got a best friend. That’s because the personal relationships that are crucial for effective dementia care revolve around the essential elements of any true friendship: respect, empathy, support, trust and humor. That’s why we’ve adopted the internationally recognized Best Friends™ method of care that centers on individual strengths and abilities, rooted in your life story.
The Hali’a memory care program focuses on getting to know its residents and honoring each person’s life story. At its core, this approach is based on the understanding that good dementia care begins with acknowledgment of a person’s life story. Your Best Friend will learn your story and use it to make your day, and your care, better. That could involve:
- Greeting you with a smile and aiding your recognition of others
- Introducing you to new friends
- Reminiscing with you
- Improving your communication with clues and cues
- Setting up activities that are right for you
- Recognizing and highlighting your past accomplishments
- Helping to ease agitation, depression and confusion
- Keeping up your favorite daily rituals
- Broadening your circle of caring friends and resources
You may benefit from our Hali’a Memory Care Program if you’re…
- suffering from memory loss and confusion
- having difficulties managing medication and other daily tasks
- needing supervision throughout the day
- neglecting personal care
- wandering and having trouble finding your bearings
Meet David Troxel – The Plaza’s Hali‘a Consultant
Dementia Expert and co-creator of the The Best Friends Approach to Memory Care David Troxel is an internationally known expert in Alzheimer’s disease and memory care, with over 25 years experience developing and teaching care techniques as a consultant, writer and speaker. He co-authored the book The Best Friends Approach to Alzheimer’s Care, along with many other influential Alzheimer’s-related books and resources.
Best Friends at The Plaza Assisted Living
At the core of the Hali‘a Memory Care program is a diverse group of Best Friends-certified dementia care partners. They’re professional communications experts, activity partners and life story biographers trained to provide the highest quality dementia care possible. As a Best Friends-certified environment, The Plaza and our team are here to help seniors with memory loss live the best and most independent life possible.
Lamakū Extended Care
Created to expand
the continuum of care
Lamaku Extended Care services were created to expand the continuum of care within the Assisted Living community. This may be a long term or short-term option for residents. Sometimes a few days in the hospital is just not enough time to recover and rehabilitate before heading home and other times residents decline and just need more care. Lamaku Extended Care will allow team members at The Plaza to provide care to non-ambulatory residents, including positioning, turning, and monitoring. Families and residents will enjoy the benefits of using the common areas of the Assisted Living community while still receiving the care their loved one needs.
Extended Care Services include the following:
- Short-term or long-term options
- Nurses available 24 hours a day
- Comprehensive therapy and health support services
- Excellent on-site amenities
Your Home Away From Home
The Plaza’s Respite Stay Program provides the same exceptional services offered to permanent residents. No care difference, just a shorter term stay.
You may benefit from our Respite Program if you’re…
- needing assistance before returning home after a hospitalization, rehab or illness
- a caregiver who is going on vacation or in need of a break
- renovating your home
- looking to “try out” The Plaza prior to making a permanent move
We provide independent and assisted living, as well as memory care services in a comfortable home-like environment.
Respite guests enjoy the same services, amenities and personal care in comfortably, furnished 1-bedroom, studio or companion suite apartments. Exact apartment types are dependent upon a person’s care needs and availability.
The Plaza’s Respite Program details…
- $500 deposit to reserve apartment
- 14-day minimum stay
- 25% respite fee added to pro-rated daily rate
- Reservations based on availability
- Payment for the duration of the stay must be made upon move in
- Regular Plaza Assisted Living preadmission process required