Job Purpose: The Staff Accountant is responsible for supporting all accounting functions, to include but not limited to; Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), Payroll, General Ledger, Bank and Credit Card account reconciliation, completing periodic book closing and preparation of financial reports, and assisting with annual tax and budget preparations.
The following are essential functions of the job:
- Maintains and processes timely and accurate records for all payables and receivables, in accordance with The Plaza's Accounting Policies and Procedures.
- Reviews, processes, and maintains weekly AP invoices and payments via check, ePayables, and/or credit card.
- Reconciles vendor account statements to ensure timely payments.
- Maintains AR by updating cash receipts, transferring funds from trust bank account to operating account, updating/invoicing resident accounts, reconciling and processing monthly billing transactions.
- Reviews and posts payroll; reconciles quarterly benefit reports.
- Prepares, records, and posts manual employee payroll checks as requested.
- Assists with internal management of The Plaza's Credit Card Program, includes expense reporting and data imports into the accounting software system.
- Prepares and reports monthly General Excise Tax (GET) and process tax payments.
- Reviews and posts monthly recurring journal entries and books prepaid expense journal entries.
- Reviews and reconciles bank and credit card accounts.
- Review and reconciles general ledger accounts and census information periodically for the preparation of financial statements.
- Prepares and analyzes monthly financials packets for accuracy and completeness.
- Provides administrative support to Home Office (e.g. order office supplies, answer phones, receive deliveries, pick up mail, and etc.).
- Communicates and provides accounting support to community Business Office Managers and Administrators to ensure accurate billing and payments of resident and vendor transactions.
- Works collaboratively with other departments, attends community meetings, trainings and in-services as assigned.
- Adheres to all employment requirements established in the Team Member Handbook, the Operating Policies and the Procedural Manuals.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Controller
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited 4‐year university and/or relevant work experience equivalency.
- Proficiency with business, accounting and office software, and office equipment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- Three (3) years of experience in Staff Accountant or similar industry position.
- One (1) year experience processing high volume APs, ARs, and billing transactions.
- Familiarity with PointClickCare, SAGE Intacct, and Enquire.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Experience using office equipment such as copy, scan and fax machines.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills; must be detail oriented, and be able to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Open to change and willing to learn new skills
Physical requirements of position: Frequently sitting, standing; occasional reaching above shoulders, bending/stooping, perform repetitive motions; able to operate a computer and occasional lifting. In addition, must be free of communicable disease and meet company policies and procedures regarding necessary physical health.